Saturday, April 3, 2010

I Love Dogs

I really do. Sometimes my own drive me crazy cause they're messy and can be annoying and boss me around, but I love them so much.
I have had at least two dogs at a time since I was 24 years old. That's a long time in dog years when you consider I am 40 now. And in that time, always, at least one of them, and most of the time more were big huge german shepherd dogs. I love a German Shepherd. I also love Huskies and Golden Retrievers and Beagles and Jack Russells and Bulldogs, oh and Pugs. I love Pugs. And of course whatever kind of dog animal creature that Mickey is. I love him best of all right now. I'm not sure what he really is, but he's cute as a button.  I really love all dogs. Except Poodles. I don't quite get the whole Poodle thing. I do like when they are mixed with other dogs so they're not straight Poodle. Like a dash of olive juice. If a Poodle has a little dash of that I can deal with them.
My last big huge German Shepherd dog, Lucy, died about a month ago. It makes me so sad. I am getting ready to move into a town house and I can't get another big huge German Shepherd dog right now. Although it wasn't always easy with her, she was a big furry shedder, and rambunctious, she got in the trash, she had seizures, she also bit a couple people (which is never fun) although that was years ago and I don't think should count anymore.
 Even with all that, I loved her so much. I could take her running early in the morning or at night and not worry anything would happen to me (cause she's a biter, remember?). If I was sad I could wrap my arms around her and bury my head in her furry back and she would patiently wait for me to be done, every time I said her name her tail would wag, she understood full sentences of what I was saying to her, and in all the time I owned her I never locked a door to my house. It just wasn't necessary. Honestly to this day, I don't own a front door key. It's a good thing I'm moving.
Years ago I promised myself that when my current dogs/creatures "go," I will never get another one. It's to hard. Seeing them get sick and worrying about them, is so hard. I had one dog, years ago, named Buddy, that I still cry about when I talk about him. That pain doesn't ever seem to go away.
It's just I love them all. Maybe it's the energy that surrounds them. It's so pure. I have a big thing about energy and chemical reactions to people. Does that extend to dogs? I know my friend Lisa's dog "talks" to me. He really does. He doesn't do it to anyone else. He sees me. Right Lisa?
 I have started spending a lot of time with my dog creature, Mickey, in the dog park. I love going there. Mickey tolerates it. He doesn't really care either way. It's me that wants to go and see all the dogs. I love to watch them play. I love to see the relationships with their owners, I love to see how they react to one another. I think it's fun. It almost fills that need I have to get another dog.
Almost...
Just kidding Mom. I promise. Kind of.

4 comments:

  1. German Shepherds speak English. Anyone who's ever had one knows that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A bunch of horny frogs apparently love you. As do dogs. And hungry squirrels. You must be some sort of animal whisperer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite cat on November 7, 2001. I have a bookbag and a sweater that he'd shed on at some point. I wrapped them in a plastic bag that I keep in the closet. I've looked inside maybe twice since he left. It takes me back to the feel of his energy and the love I had for him. I don't peek inside the bag more often because I don't want to risk diluting the effect. Also, I have learned to let him go, so it's more a trip down memory lane than it is a desperate need to hold on. I get it that he's gone. I get it that no matter how much I loved him, I wish I had loved him even more. Their time on earth is so short compared to our own, and the pain of losing them is so intense, but it's worth it. I want to be owned by another cat, or to own a dog, at some point. My life is too busy at this time to be able to give a pet the attention it deserves, but there's a place in my heart staying open to the next one that comes along.

    ReplyDelete