Monday, April 26, 2010

Death, Divorce, And Moving

I've covered all these things in the past year. Some more than once. That's the truth. I have my own divorce (which is seemingly pleasant), my best friends divorce (which is the stuff horror movies are made of), two significant deaths, and now the move. Oh yeah, also, I'm starting a business with every cent of what would have been my life's savings. I am expecting fire works after this whole thing is over.

I'm also going with the super human effort of trying to move absolutely everything I physically can move myself. I'm getting made fun of that by some people (you know who you are) BUT, but, but, my mover's can't come until Friday. The week after is my time to get ready for our studio opening. I need this done now.

My Mommy is helping me. And some of my friends. But mostly it's just me. Me packing up a lifetime's worth of stuff. Me hauling it back and forth. Me, bound and determined to have my new place (which I love) all ready so it is not heaped on me all in one day. I want to be moved in Friday and be actually moved in. I don't know which part of my psyche is making me do it this way. I guess it's the obsessive part. The part that made me have a supply house full of art supplies in the first place.

It makes me think back to when I moved in this house. I was nine months pregnant with another baby 14 months old. Marc had just started a brand new job. I moved us myself that time too. I am feeling this odd sense of deja vu. Kind of.

I kind of cried to a friend last night about it. Just quickly in an e mail. My favorite thing was his advice. It was simple advice but it made me smile because he is a big athlete who refuses to do yoga. And he told me to breathe. That's a yoga term! We made up breathing. It all comes back to yoga.

YoGA. Riggghhhttt... (hi Lisy :) )

2 comments:

  1. I feel like I just graduated from college (who the hell are these 5 kids?) It's going to be fun starting a business with nothing in the bank. We have great ideas, a cool studio, a cool new townhouse, a great wardrobe between the two of us and some fun friends. What else could we need (except some kids to sign up for camp!!) I'm going to go pack and breathe-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you both!

    ReplyDelete