Tuesday, April 20, 2010

What With the Funnel Cake... ( another ramblin' post)

Today I had lunch with two incredibly funny women and a special appearance by my Mommy. It was special cause it was an Asian restaurant and she doesn't do Asian food. She was there because she had been right next door taking pictures of our PLAYroom. Which is so cool...

So as usual we got on the subject of yoga and the benefits of it. This past weekend I was in Colorado climbing a mountain (cause that's what I do). I repelled up and down the whole thing twice, I mean three times. Fine!  we just hiked up and once we were there we played yoga at the way top. Cause that's what I really do.

While I was there I asked my Colorado friend (who shall not be named, just like Voldemort) what the obesity situation was in Colorado. I was thinkin', judging from that hike, it had to be better than Philadelphia. Our version of the FlatIrons (named for not anvil looking type things) is the steps of the Philadelphia Art Museum. One time, long long ago in a movie called Rocky, Sylvester Stallone climbed them and since then, judging by the obesity rate in Philly (here's a fun fact friends: Colorado is the only state that hasn't had a 20% increase in obesity over the past 10 years, Pennsylvania... not so much) , it seems to be the exercise of choice. One time, up the steps and you're all good. Fat but damn good!

So as we are discussing this very disturbing issue my Mommy tells us that there are recent studies that say that our military will be weakened by state of obesity in our country. Children are becoming so over weight that will not be able to serve.
I chimed in on the fact that overall Pennsylvania is one of the "over weight" states.
Our very funny friend Marnie said, (please put on a Jewish accent when you say this) "No surprise there! What with the funnel cake."

Don't even get me started on the funnel cake. And the fried oreos and the huge bowls of fries with the cheese covering it. I'm sorry (you know I'm not) that's just gross.

Children are important.
Here's my Top Ten Rules on Kids...
1. Love them
2. Teach by example
3. Set a good example
4. If you're their parent try and remember you are shaping their perception of life
5. Love them
6. Be their advocate cause probably no one else will
7. Love them
8. Teach them the art of kindness and compassion
9. Listen to everything they say.
10. Love them.

P.S. Lay off the funnel cakes. Food is not love. Exercise is love for yourself. Self love is important. Just ask Jerry, George, and Elaine.

7 comments:

  1. You are the Master of the Funnel Cake Domain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see you K. :) Avatar style.
    Love you long time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Avatar Style? (I confess - I partially slept through the movie....)

    Love you too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your top ten rules for kids are spot on. I would also add "let them live" we have some hover parents in our son's class. They are only 3 and to certain parents, every little thing is like a crises. That is not normal. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Community Center Cleaning CrewApril 21, 2010 at 11:56 AM

    Uh yeah, we are fully aware of your visit to Colorado.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did you stuff a giant fortune cookie in your mouth prior to telling your mom and friends a story and then remove said stuffed fortune cookie in order to speak more clearly?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I HATE how so many people (erm- my inlaws) equate food and stuff with love. They are mutually exclusive. 100% spot on.

    ReplyDelete