Thursday, April 15, 2010

Laughative

"What's a regular Joe?" Chase asked me this morning as he was getting ready to walk out the door to the bus. He had heard someone say it on the news that was on the tv in the kitchen.
"A regular Joe? It's just a normal guy. Just a person like anyone else," I answered.
"I don't think anyone is a regular Joe," he said.
Oh how that makes me smile.
"You don't? I know what you mean. No one is really 'normal', right?" I said.
"Especially not the people we know," he said.
This made me laugh.
"What? Are our people a bunch of kooks? (you know who you are)" I said.
"Yes. Especially your and Saige's friends," he continued, "You guys attract the crazies."
"What? Who? I want names. Name names," I demanded.
Then he rambled off a list as long as his arm.
"Oh. Fine. You got me..." I laughed.
"Well, it's not so much crazy as laughative," he said, backtracking now.
"Laughative?"
"Yes, you guys laugh all the time.  Every time Sue or someone comes over all you guys do is laugh. That's why I like hanging out with you," he said.

He shoots! He scores!
I love my baby boy.

2 comments:

  1. I am totally sane. My BFF Harvey with back me up on this when he is finished eating his carrot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great word; he is a gifted child.

    ReplyDelete