Thursday, April 8, 2010

Just Another Easter

We had a very traditional Easter this year. Well, kind of. On Saturday night Chase had a sleepover friend here. After I fell asleep they played the kitchen game and made each other drink raw eggs until apparently Chase threw up. So although technically, if we were using exact words that is, we didn't dye eggs. I think because there was still a non traditional use of them that must count for something.

Then on actual Easter Sunday, I made Chase and his buddy (cause Saige had stayed over Haleigh's house) pancakes. I chopped up little tiny Hershey's bars and put them in there for them. I believe they ate those and some starburst flavored jelly beans for breakfast.

Then my children went with my husband and his girlfriend to his parents house for the afternoon. All very normal.

Clearly with all these other activities we had missed our E portion of our traditional C&E religious happenings. As an alternative, Saige and Chase and I made the group decision to watch the new Twilight. We feel we made a good decision. It gave us the chance to talk about why Bella would choose a vampire over a werewolf which lead into the "you can't help who you love," discussion. Saige was clearly on "Team Edward," while Chase thought that was ridiculous and couldn't figure out why she wouldn't like Jason the very muscular werewolf. It is a toss up, isn't it? Jason's got that whole 8 pack abs, no shirt thing going for him, while Edward is pasty and you can barely hear what he's saying. The thing is, I think he's really the "bad boy." You can't be a teenage girl and not want the bad boy. It's like a rite of passage.

The teenage years are going to be scary. I think next year I'm really going to push the whole dying eggs thing again.

1 comment:

  1. Woof! Come home and hang out with me for awhile. Woof! I'm bored. Woof woof.

    ReplyDelete