Friday, August 6, 2010

Reason Number Five Hundred And Sixty Three

that I bow down and pray every time my son walks in the room.

Chase is in the art room of my studio. I am out front in the store, about 10 feet away from him. He calls his friend Matt on the phone. They discuss who is going to sleep over at who's house. Chase doesn't even bother asking me because he knows for a fact, like he knows his own hand, that I will say, "Yes," to whatever he asks of me. He knows that I will probably even go so far as to say, "Of course Sweet and Precious Angel." That's just how we roll.

So he's on the phone with Matt and Matt has to ask his mom something. I hear through the phone, "Mooooooooooommmmmmmmmmm. MMMMOOOOooooooooommmmm. MMMMMMMOOOOOOMMMMM."
All of the sudden it starts to get louder... "MMMMMMMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMM."
I realize I can hear it more because he has put it on speaker and now he's walking towards me with this big grin on his face. He says to me, "Can you hear him?"
I smile and shake my head yes.
"What??" Matt demands.
"Nothing," Chase says as he looks at me again and shakes his head.

It was a thing of great beauty. He totally got why it was so obnoxious and funny at the same time and he wanted to share the love with me.

That was really probably number like one million gazillion but I thought five hundred and sixty three had a nice ring to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment