Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Just Plain Scary



So I'm driving my child to his father's house and on the street corner are the Crazy Pro Lifer Wacknutters. Yup, that's what they are. Crazy. You have to be crazy to hold up a sign of a bloody fetus in the car window directly where a child is sitting. Only a stone cold freak would do that. That's not opinion, that's plain fact. Be pro life all you want. Sing song's about it. Read books. Pray for it. But keep your disgusting posters out of my car window. It's weird and gross. I am wondering when they will start just bringing actual real live dead fetus's to the street corner and parading them around. Maybe they could build them a float. Maybe the float could be a big big pregnant woman on her back with her legs up in the air and a broken hanger by the crotch. They could hang all the dead fetus's from the side and thumb tack pictures of real woman who have had abortions to the side of the pregnant lady. That's a thought.

So I was driving home thinking about this, getting more and more irritated. And I thought, I should get out and talk to them. I totally want to take some pictures for my friend who referenced their existence last night and was the one that actually started me wondering where I could get my hands on some dead fetus's to share with them. So it was odd that they were out there in such full force this morning. I guess all the soup kitchens where they usually volunteer are closed. I was all ready to go when I got a txt from my precious angel of a friend that lives down in Florida. He said, "Good morning Gorgeous. Have a spectacular day." It stopped me from ruining it by bothering with the crazies.

I got home and called him to thank him for pulling me out of that rat trap and we started talking about abortion and a documentary he had seen called 12th and Delaware that was produced by the same women that did "Jesus Camp." I youtubed them both. Scary.

Wait, is youtubed not a word?

"Jesus Camp," is the most disturbing thing I have seen since, well, since that fetus poster. I'm just going to say it. People are nuts. In it the woman that runs the camp actually says, "There are two kinds of people in this world, those who love Jesus and those who don't." Really? Is that all the kinds of people there are? What about those that don't know for sure, or those that just like him, or those that think, "well... he's kinda cute, maybe I love him...," what about Jews for Jesus (do they count for the "for" or "against" side), what about people that love Jesus but are gay, do they fit in? What about those people that like sprinkles on their ice cream? Whose side are they on?

Two kinds of people in the world...
No wonder there are so many wars.

4 comments:

  1. my brother just told me about 12th and Delaware, and Jesus Camp made me cry

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww. I agree that the ppl in this video are COMPLETELY INSANE, but doesn't mean all christians are crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous- I don't think all Christians are crazy. I do think the people in the video are. And the people who carry the dead fetus sign definitely are, however I don't know what their religion is. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Here's the bottom line. Who are you to judge?" (you, July 27, 2010)

    Seems like you need to do a little more soul searching...it's not that you are wrong per se, perhaps just confused.

    ReplyDelete