Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Ha Ha Omg

The appropriateness of things often eludes me if I find them funny. My kids are the ripe old ages of 11 1/2 and 12 1/2 now. They seem more like friends at times than my children. They are extremely polite and are so aware of other people and what is right and wrong that I have no problem talking to them about anything and sharing things that others might not get. They are my children after all. I get to decide. I have this friend. He's gay. He's my buddy. My kids call him Gaddy as in Gay Daddy. They don't find this the slightest bit odd, or if they do, they like it. 

On Sunday I took my kids to the beach for a few days. We spent the car ride down listening to music and talking. They had been at camp for two weeks and so much to say. Unfortunately a lot of it revolved around a very disturbed friend they have whose parents are going through a divorce. My kids are living through this divorce and have more pain than they had from the break down of their own family. The little boy at camp told them how he was planning on buying a gun when he was 18 and shooting his mother. My kids might be mature but they are still kids. In the past year they have lived through the death of their grandfather, the separation of their parents, the death of their dog, and one of their friends mother and her 21 year old boyfriend murdering her father. It's enough already. They don't need to hear about their good friend planning the death of his mother. It's to much. So we talked and talked and talked. The more they talked and shared the more I was so proud of them and frankly so proud of their father and I. Our marriage might not have worked out but we did something right because my kids are so beyond their years in understanding and compassion that we couldn't have screwed them up that bad.

So we got to the beach after this very intense car ride and were welcomed by my kookiest of friends. She was all ready with a new Ludacris song for me called Sexting. It's now Saige's ring tone on her phone. Just the "Ha ha, omg, lol, kit, smiley faces, x and o's, lmfao." It was so unbelievably inappropriate. A song about Tiger Woods but we laughed about it for two days. Whenever there was the slightest bit of quiet someone would start singing those lines to themselves quietly. "Ha ha, o m g, l o l, k i t, smiley faces, x and o's, l m f a o!"  Either that or the old favorite, "My Chick Bad." Mother of the Year.





                                                        I am insanely in love with them.

3 comments:

  1. Is that you I see? Is that you Poppy? I had the most magnificent time with our family. I love you all so much, and God how I've missed you:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy, the kids have grown up so much since the last time you posted face pics of them! They are gorgeouser and gorgeouser all the time.

    Of course they are, they are yours.

    And you have no idea how badly I want to get on the floor and see if I can put my head on my foot like that. I'm guessing no, even though I have no problem putting my foot on my head. Two very different things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i too am in love with them! kiss and squeeze those buggers for me please, aunt boozer

    ReplyDelete