Saturday, January 2, 2010

A Year In Pictures


My brother and I have often talked about that your history is how you remember it. You could live in the same house with the same person for years and years and have two different recollections of how the whole thing went down. It's just how your own memory tells the story. I myself have a very bad memory. People will tell bring up things that have happened and it's really like the first time I am hearing it. I don't think that's a good sign, although, I will say, it keeps out some of the grittier ones.

I take a ton of pictures. They help me remember. I usually don't take them in bad times either. Although the thought of it is kind of funny. Your partner and you are arguing about something and you say, "Hold please. Let me get the Canon. Let's record this moment where you sounded like a total jackass!"


I keep referencing how I am glad that 2009 is over and I am, but, I had some really good times last year. This is how I will remember it...

                                                     January chow cha chow chow chow

                                                       February skiing and snowboarding

                                                                  Ahhh... so sad....


                                                                    My baby is ten.

                                                                      Spring is here.
 My kids pretend to love each other and the girls try to lie out.
                              It's still on 60 degrees so they play on the laptop. Just like the good old days.


                                                                   Now it's summer












Bye bye summer



                                 Fall is here.        Two Gay Guys, Some Boots and Me

October        and      November

                                                        
                                                                      Brother John

 And on the 12th day of Christmas my sweet angel daughter gave to me... a hot pink Christmas tree.

7 comments:

  1. Which brother? Stupid Mark again?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the tree. Just add some hearts and you are all set for Valentine's Day.

    (and is it just me, or is this Blog Clock as crazy as you last one? Will Bro Chris back me up on this one?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The following memory (my version, of course) has made me giggle for days as I've thought back on a year of not all together fond memories. Remember when we went out to see the meteor shower up in Maine and you pretended like there was a bear and then 10 seconds later I did the exact same thing you'd done and it scared you senseless? I think you might have been drinking, but still... I wish I had a picture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, That Is Sure Sweet of You To Say-
    Chris- Yes, I'm sorry. I'm sorry!
    Kathy- You are so smart, it already is the Valentines Day tree! I have two of them. All Christmas ornaments gone, now just red, pink and hearts.
    Twisty-I have no recollection of that at all! Was it after the blueberry mojitos. :) You know what makes me laugh? When you got made at me for giving your grandmother a second glass of wine. She totally tricked me into that! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pics, babe. soberererererer in 2010

    ReplyDelete
  6. Does Jason know Sue is dating your brother? And your boyfriend looks gay.

    ReplyDelete