Friday, January 15, 2010

Pas de Chien

Driving in the car with a whole bunch of kids.
"I want to take ballet."

Did Saige say that?
No, she didn't.  She said, "There is no WAY you are taking ballet."

"Oh yes I am," Chase says.
"You want to take ballet, Buddy?" I ask, somewhat confused.
"I do. I want to take ballet and hip hop. Ethan and I want to do it together," he says.
Hmmmm...
"Well..." I stumble stupidly.
"You only want to do that cause the class is filled with all girls," Saige says angrily.
"Yup. Danny takes dance and he is having the best birthday party ever. Boys and girls!" says my little horndog.
"Well Chase honey," I say, "That dance school is really expensive. You can't go there just to get chicks."
"If we take ballet all the other classes are free because they want more boys there," he informs me.
"Well then,  have at it," I say.
"I don't want them in my hip hop class!" Saige says.
How do I diffuse this situation?
"Do you really want to do it Chay? I'm not trying to be rude, this is just fact, you're not exactly the ballet type," I say.
"Yeah," says Saige, "Are you going to wear tights? People will tease you."
"We don't care," he says quite confidently. "The girls won't tease us while we are picking them up and twirling them around."

Lord have mercy.
Seriously, right?
A half a brain between them, Chase and Ethan.
I wonder where that comes from.
They'll probably end up ruling the world.

6 comments:

  1. I think they will look so cute in tights and tutu's!!! Maybe they will franchise some kind of boy's dance/hip/hop school someday!! Me thinks they will!!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This conjures up quite a picture. . .tights, twirling. . .quite a picture. Can't wait for their first recital.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I envision leg warmers, a mullet haircut and a terry cloth headband for li'l Cha Cha. Think of the pictures you'll have to torment him with in front of future girlfriends. 'Nuff said? This will make the "Gobby-gob" tape look like small potatoes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, darn, I shouldn't have cut his hair after all; how will he ever get into a nice, tight bun?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, you may not want to hear this BUT all dance is FREE to boys at RW as long as they take a ballet class. And yes, in every photo I have of Danny when he was in the Nutcracker with Anna, he is surrounded (read adored) by pretty girls.

    Twist - all the guys have nice tight buns....

    ReplyDelete