Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Strategy, Cleverness, And Adaptability

Yesterday after my third trip back and forth from my new house with carloads of stuff, I was in my current house. It was raining and kind of yucky outside and I glanced out the window in to my almost ex backyard. I saw the most beautiful fox. Not an Chester County mangy fox either. A big, red, fluffy, gorgeous fox. He or she sauntered on the outside of the fence in my back yard and then took off up through my neighbors yard. It made me really happy.

I think you see these kinds of different animals when your energy is somewhat in sync. Or when you need to learn something from that animal. Like a reminder of sorts.

Many cultures have different view on fox sightings. In China they believe that foxes symbolize afterlife and the sighting of one is a sign from the deceased. I believe that more than I care to elaborate on. One Native American interpretation is that the fox is a wise and noble messenger.

It is said that the color red in the fox is a solar emblem. That represents passion, desire, intensity, and expression. Yes, yes, yes, oh and yes.

Here's my favorite part about the reminders that foxes are meant to give: think outside of the box, use your surrounding to your advantage and be very mindful of it, use all your resources, the resources that are physically apparent and especially the ones that aren't. Remember that at times it takes an usual way to reach your goal. You just have to be creative about it.
I can totally relate to all of that. I'm glad I saw that fox and I'm glad that this information was brought to the forefront of my mind in the particular period of time and circumstance that I am in.

"The fox is a wolf that sends flowers."- Ruth Brown

Yup. Yup. Yup.

2 comments:

  1. Obviously you are not going to blog again until you receive a comment on this one. I get it. But will you please stop sending Mr. Fox over at 4 AM to yelp/screech outside my window? Unless of course, it's George Clooney and then tell him the key is under the mat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh you? xoxo

    ReplyDelete