Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Be Sick On A Friday!

There is something that absolutely drives me crazy. It's called the "Monday Blues." I think the Monday Blues come from having way to much fun over the weekend. Ice skating, movies, sleepovers, trips to the mall, out for ice cream, staying up to late, etc... Then Monday rolls around and I hear, "I don't feel good." Now wait, you might be asking why I would let them do all that over the weekend? A ha! I didn't! They bullied poor, overly nice, Marc into doing it. Word to the wise, when you are going through a divorce, no matter how amicable, there is still guilt involved. There is still the need to make everyone happy. It's not right. It's all part of the process. At any rate, Sunday night rolls around and he gladly drops off two "sick" children to me.

Saige might have been a tiny bit sick. Chase, huge faker.

Chase isn't even the best faker either, he's all, "Ooooh my throat," then I see him eating potato chips. Or "Aaaaah my head hurts," then he's playing on his computer.

At least Saige can produce a cough and a dry heave here and there. You know, something for the fans. Something to make it believable.

I always tell my kids, "Listen, be sick on Friday all you want. You can stay in all weekend and we'll cuddle and play cards and I'll make you chicken soup. When you're sick on a Monday, I have a small percentage of patience. And I usually spend what I have trying to figure out if you've scammed me or not."

Saige would be furious if she read this. She really doesn't fake. Chase on the other hand would just probably shake his little head with his much to long hair and smile as he petted my hand and said, "I love you Mommy. You're so pretty."
Eddie Haskell.

Now I am going to wake their asses up and send 'em out the door. Buh bye.

8 comments:

  1. I have no patience with "I don't feel good" either. Suck it up or go to bed earlier. A good example of my supremem parenting skills occurred a couple of summers ago..

    Kid (age 8): I'm tired.

    Me: Well, that's what you get for not listening to me and staying up so late. You need to go to bed earlier.(So I can have some peace and quiet.)

    Kid: My throat hurts.

    Me: It's just alergies. Go out and play.

    (Flash forward...almost September)

    Kid: My joints hurt.

    Doctor: Test results show that she's had Mono over the summer. And she never had symptoms?

    Me: Oooops.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that story Kathy!!!

    It has started my day with a big smile.

    Poor little angel. "Now stir up Mommy and martini and try not to cough in it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Big Tom is always "ill" the day after a long night of partying. He is 40. His wife calls him on it and says get over your hangover. He says no, it's the flu. And sleeps past noon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. One time I was sick on a Monday and my mom said, "Go to school. You don't even have a pet!"

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I stayed home from the mine every time I sneezed, Snow White wouldn't have enough gold nuggets to buy her hooch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If those kids don't clean up their act, you should give them a good licking!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Poor baby, I think you need a "mental health day."

    ReplyDelete
  8. did you try making them blow salt water through their nose? you know i don't believe they are sick until the fever is so high and the vomit is real and we have to call a taxi from the marina to go to the hotel that is a 5 minute walk away. i am here to say that saige is NOT a faker. now my kid- already fake coughs for attention. just like mommy.

    ReplyDelete